The conference will aim to cover the following topics:
- Restoring bird populations through habitat and ecosystem restoration – managed restoration, rewilding and connectivity;
- Population reintroduction and reinforcement – the science of translocation, headstarting and other population management strategies;
- Control of invasive species and restoring community structure;
- The functional role of birds in ecosystem restoration;
- Progress towards Aichi biodiversity targets and government commitments to restoration.